Skip to content
Robot Writer Trainingnicerobot2019-02-15T13:38:24+00:00
- HTML basics. Styling and visual aspects not important. Focus on how data is represented in HTML (tables, forms) plus use of classes and ids. Codeacademy course: HTML Basics
- jQuery. Focus on how CSS selectors work within jQuery. Visual web component manipulations not important. Codeacademy course: jQuery
- CSS selectors. Being proficient with CSS selectors helps a lot to write robots faster and smarter. Some learning resources:
- W3 documentation
- 30 well explained examples (ignore styling part)
- Detailed tutorial
- Inspecting DOM tree
- Network Panel
- SQL basics. This is a nice to have item which is not directly involved while coding robots. SQL may be needed to analyze data after robots collect it. Focus on SELECT statements. SQL Zoo tutorial.
- SelectorGadget. A Chrome Extension that automatically suggests CSS Selectors for similar items on a web page.